Swallow, but be careful, don't drown...

Friday, August 28, 2009

Challenge

My mind is thinking...and over thinking about the Locavore challenge. I think I'm going a little crazy. For example, yesterday, I thought it would be a good idea to experiment cooking without oil and seasonings. I figured it would be a lot easier and cheaper to play around with non-local foods, which really, is quite logical. But I chose to use celery. CELERY. First of all, celery has no flavor, it's primarily water, and tastes like crap (regardless of how much ranch it's smothered with). After a few skillets, I decided this wasn't very effective...nor intelligent.

I have also thought about purchasing a hen. Yes, a hen to lay eggs for me. Somehow I don't think Jeffrey, Phantom, the neighbors, or the apartment people would appreciate it. I contemplated keeping it on the balcony.

We were going to hit the Spokane Farmer's Market on Saturday, then head up to Greenbluff and prepare for next week, but I remembered I'm volunteering for LOVEspokane from 9 til 4. Then Kattie and Kendra are coming over at 6:30 because I'm cooking dinner and we're having a girls' night in. Sunday, I'm going to the Havana building because I'm apparently not in the boundaries for the ward I have been going to for the last year +

PS: Cilantro is pretty much my new bff

No comments:

Post a Comment

A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left.

-Marilyn Monroe


Followers

"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous"
-Coco Chanel