Swallow, but be careful, don't drown...

Friday, August 21, 2009

Ate dinner all alone.

sirloin smothered in my fabulous bleu cheese cream sauce, potatoes, and corn.
On the subject of food, I, Stephanie, am doing a "Locavore" challenge. Basically, Aug. 31 to Sept. 4th, the object is to eat food locally grown/raised/produced in a 100 mile radius. Everything that I shall consume will be from Spokane and surrounding area. Literally, everything: milk, meat, fruit, veggies, salt, sugar, etc. Apparently, I am going to cut back on a lot of things. I have a sad feeling that I am going to go through crazy sugar withdrawls and be a monster. This is going to suck. I love food and I love making food. I love spices and seasonings. I also love how Wal Mart supercenter is about 6 miles away. Even now, I sit here eating a highly processed, massed produced candy bar. But, I am up for the challenge. I'm going to hit the Farmer's markets hard next week, and I'm headed up to Greenbluff tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left.

-Marilyn Monroe


Followers

"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous"
-Coco Chanel