Swallow, but be careful, don't drown...

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Green Chops and corn (Day 2)

So the title was to play on "Green Eggs and Ham" to describe dinner, but it failed. I guess I could have done something like, One Chop, Two Chop, Green Chop not Blue Chop. Oh yes, I like that. But I spent time already typing, so the title shall stay as a fail.

Happy September!

I really can't believe how fast the summer has gone by...thank goodness. I'm not a fan of this silly weather; I'm ready for snow. There is so much to do this week/month. Chase Youth Commission/Foundation meeting is tonight, Andrea's baby shower is Thursday, HAVE to go to Eastern on Friday, Pig Out on Saturday (sorry Cody, I'm going with Jeffrey), Shrinking Violet Society stuff this month, school starts, maybe finding a job, and random other things I know I have forgotten. I've been toying with the idea of doing BBBS again. I was a big sister in Laramie and loved it. I think I just might. Yes, I am calling right now.

Competition wise, today is seeming to be a lot easier. I'm not in the panicky "what do I possibly eat" mode I was in yesterday. Although, I miss the taste of Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade. Water is becoming so...blah. If only I found a lemon-grower in Spokane (I did look). I absolutely loved the green beans we have. I do not think we're going to be buying store bought produce anymore; it really doesn't compare. Corn, however, just doesn't taste the same without butter, salt and pepper...no matter how farm freshtastic tasting it is. I'm trying to convince Jeffrey that buying goat's milk is a good idea. I found a recipe to make cheese.

  • Breakfast: none, I layed in bed with the puggyface

  • Snack: apple baked with honey. It wasn't the buttery cinnamon-sugary delight I usually go for, but it was quite pleasant, and it satisfied my sugar craving.

  • Lunch: turned out to be disappointing. corn on the cob (which wasn't ready to be taken off the stalk), broiled cucumber slices (they are not appetizing and some of them got brown and crunchy, having a tomato-soupish taste. sick), steamed broccoli

  • Dinner: more corn (success, this time), pork chops (from Smokey Ridge meats) baked with a green sauce (blended cilantro, basil, garlic and I adorned my chop with a BEAUTIFUL purple onion half ) and a roasted pepper puree

I'm most likely going to have an apple for snack because dinner was quite early (4:30) since I have to go to a meeting.


I feel really bad because we haven't gone to the gym in forever and today is no exception. I know my body isn't happy, neither is my body image, and I feel like I've kept Jeffrey from going (even though logically I know he could go all by himself if he really wanted to). I feel like a dud and I feel lazy. I don't think I'll start going until next week. Working out and not consuming as many calories as I'm supposed to isn't a good idea for recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left.

-Marilyn Monroe


Followers

"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous"
-Coco Chanel